Friday, August 2, 2013

Letter to my MP: Response from The Opposition


Recently, I sent a letter to my local MP, and the opposition candidate. It called for a more compassionate & sensible policy, in relation to asylum seekers (see blog posts, Sunday July 21, 2013)

I have not yet received a reply from my MP. However, a couple of days ago, I received a response to my letter from the opposition candidate. 



As you can see, it is a rather disappointing response. 

As luck would have it, this week I also received another letter in the mail from Mr Sukkar:


All going well, I look forward to meeting Mr Sukkar this weekend, and asking him about his views on asylum seeker policy in person.


Post script: 
Sadly, I was not well enough to be able to meet with Mr Sukkar. 

While I have the feeling I may have been wasting my breath, if I did try to talk with him, the hope is that others overhearing may have been prompted to think more about this issue. And who knows, maybe the letter I sent was enough to plant a seed. I hope that others have also sent letters and called his office. 

Have you contacted your local MP or opposition candidate?

No comments:

Post a Comment