Monday, July 8, 2013

Caribbean Pink Monthly Update June 2013

Caribbean Pink
Room Refreshing Service

Monthly Update - June, 2013.

Firstly, to begin this first monthly update, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to each of you.
I have been overwhelmed by the support and encouragement I have received both on social media and by those who I have spoken to in person. Importantly, in passing this idea past a number of support groups for people living with chronic illness, I have been told by so many people who have or are bed bound or house bound, that such a service would truly make a positive difference.

One of those people who has shown me incredible support is Kirsty Arnold, who writes the blog 'Unspoken Conversations', and published a blog about my vision for a room refreshing service. You can take a look here:http://unspokenconversationsbykirstyarnold.blogspot.com.au/2013/06/carribean-pink-redecorating-for-cause.html
A number of others have offered donations of goods, put their hand up to volunteer, or gifted me with wonderful ideas, encouragement and prayer. It truly means so very much.

I am currently in conversation with a local church who have shown interest in this service. Starting the service through a local congregation means that it will be much easier to get Caribbean Pink up and running, and we will be able to start serving the community sooner. I am awaiting contact from the head of the Board of Elders about meeting with them to present my idea. All going well, this will happen at the end of July. Should the board give the 'go ahead' for Caribbean Pink to run as a service of this local church, I will be able to start the process of getting together a team of people. This team will make some initial decisions regarding the running of this service, and begin to do some 'trial runs' before the service officially gets up and running. I have also, in the last couple of weeks, spoken with Paul Arnott, Executive Director of Churches of Christ Community Care (http://www.ccare.com.au/), who will be sharing this vision with his contacts through a regular newsletter. I will meet with him again once the service is ready to begin it's trials, to see if and how Community Care may be able to offer us further support.

If you know of anyone who may want to be involved, either through volunteering in any capacity, or making a donation of goods or finances, please do share this vision with them, and ask them to contact me at caribbeanpink.natasha@gmail.com. I am also more than happy for you to make suggestions, or ask me any questions you might have about the process of getting this service up and running, and how I envision it operating.

Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment