Tuesday, July 23, 2013

A Reflection on 'Inner Work' - In Poetic Form

A few weeks ago I was confronted by an old fear, in a new way. As I sat with this fear, grief welled up, and I had a really big cry. When the tears dried, I wrote this poem. I posted it on Facebook, and it seemed to resonate with a number of people. So, I thought I'd share it with you all, also.

___________________________________________________


I greeted a deep fear this evening.
I chose not to run, 
but stayed a little while, to get to know it.
It led me further down into my soul
To a place of buried grief.
I brushed away the soil that had covered my anguish,
and I sat with it.
I cried.

In time, amidst the tears,
a small light appeared; a warmth.
And I found myself in the company of love.



No comments:

Post a Comment