Tuesday, December 14, 2010

An Introduction to The Carribean Pink House.

August Boatwright: "Well, I don't know. Some things in life, like the color of a house, don't really matter. But lifting someone's heart? Now, that matters."
- The Secret Life of Bees (2008)
 
In deciding on a name for this blog, I decided on The Carribean Pink House, not because my intent is to write only about things that I percieve to 'truly matter'.  I intend, in fact, to sometimes write about things that, seemingly, have no greater meaning than a great place to get coffee or shop. However, I do think August has a point. Even seemingly insignificant decisions as the colour of your house, are motivated by something bigger; point to what you truly value.


Leunig puts it this way:
'There are only two feelings.
Love and fear.
There are only two languages.
Love and fear.
There are only two activities.
Love and fear.
There are only two motives, two procedures, two frameworks, two results.
Love and fear.
Love and fear.'


My hope is that as I write this blog, reflect and consider life and share things I have learned and experienced, I would find myself continually encouraged to consider the motivation behind my thoughts and actions. Is it love or fear?

No comments:

Post a Comment